Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sentiments

I have always been a sentimental person and it is something that I often feel is a burden and that to break off the restraints of this useless emotion would spur me forwards and not backwards but at what cost?

A good example of this sentimentality was on display yesterday when I was rummaging through my old CD's and I found footage of my brother and I performing to a camera about three years ago. In this short documentary which is completely overshadowed by my brother's drums, - not a bad thing considering that I look like I am playing on a child's guitar both in appearance and in sound, we both look fresh faced without the scraggles of hair we have allowed to exist on our faces. We also look innocent which is something that I don't feel qualified to comment on at this current time.

The point is that watching this I felt as if I had lost something. It is true that I am no longer the owner of the guitar but it was something else that I felt was missing and this has to be put down to the emotion that started off this rambling. A lot has changed since this session but on the whole it has changed for the better so why this feeling of lacking? It is a similar sensation I have when looking at photographs. Does it mean that I am scared of going further from what has been or does it simply mean that I am a human and there is no need to analyse it any further?

No comments: