Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lost

When I look out my window, I can normally see proud Wawel Castle perched in a very stately form on top of Wawel Hill but at this moment all I can see is a thick layer of fog.
It has covered even most of the Park Inn Hotel with visibility beyond that impossible.

This type of weather fascinates me. This blanket covering us creates mysteriousness and a sense of anticipation for the unknown that can suddenly break through this misty barrier and into sight.
Walking across the bridge that usually bears the brunt of my curses is no longer such a chore but a passage into another place that I have been to numerous times but now feels like my debut visit.

Of course, I am writing this still in the comfort of my warm flat and soon I will have to venture outside and the dampness may not be so thrilling but until then I can look at it from here and ruminate on what is behind this blanket.

No comments: