Thursday, December 17, 2009

Time To Be Happy?



'Tis the season to be jolly, tra, la, la, la...' and so on.

The question is why do we have to be 'jolly'?

Okay, I don't want to be all pessimistic and a party pooper but I find that when there is a lot of peer pressure on me to do something, I have a tendency to not want to do it.

Spending time with people, eating and drinking until you feel like exploding are all enjoyable and the fact that this type of debauchery is allowed at this time of the year is a bonus, but what about those who don't like listening to Christmas songs like me? There you go, I have said it and I'm not taking it back. I'm particularly worn out when it comes to 'Fairytale in New York' and even the words 'scumbag', 'faggot' and 'arse' don't excite me anymore like the way they did as a child. This is something that does not make me 'jolly' and neither does the stress involved with shopping for presents and being surrounded by hundreds of other anxious, fed up and worn out people who probably wish it was somehow easier and knowing that the prices will all be dropped as soon as the madness is over.

Why all the fuss for such a short period of time? Bah humbug. Roll on summer days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally agree. Christmas Shmristmas. I'm flying back today and expect to be thoroughly depressed for the next two weeks of enforced jollity..anyway, happy Christmas and Merry New Year - will try and have a look at your transcript to while away the time!

Philip soanes said...

Have a good one. See you in the New Year.